Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tea Party trumps Country Club

You may have heard the startling news: Bush 41 endorsed KBH. That’s a shocker! That’s after GW Bush, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and other old-line Republicans. What does it mean?

It appears the “old” Republican Party is hanging together. They likely don’t get the tea party movement or the voters “anger and frustration”.

At the core, I am a Reaganite. I worked for Bush 41. I escaped getting Potomac Fever.

The Bush and company endorsements are much to do about nothing. Do Texas voters care about what country club Republican is endorsing another country club Republican? No. .

I worked as a political appointee for Pres. George H. W. Bush and have great admiration for him and Barbara. I also worked for President Reagan…that was the greatest privilege of my professional life. I also volunteered in the GW Bush re-election. It was the right thing to do at the time.

But I’m a tea party activist. I was a tea party activist before it was cool.

I am supporting Gov. Rick Perry. I like Sen. KBH, but am supporting Gov. Perry because he has delivered. Texas is the #1 state for business relocation, Texas has created more jobs than all other states combined, and Texas has done better weathering Obama-nomics than any other state. That doesn't happen without strong leadership.

Perry has performed - and I want to weather the rest of this Obama Administration with a proven leader as governor of Texas. – Peggy Venable

http://townhall.com/blog/g/7ccd078f-945d-40a2-9c9f-2558b0505bcc?trackbacks=true#commentAnchor

No comments: