Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let it snow

As the nation’s Capitol is under several feet of snow, the Obama Administration comes out with a new agency on global warming. No kidding!

Having lived in Washington, D.C., I understand shutting down the government. When a budget wasn’t passed and the federal government was shut down, I was naive enough to have considered myself “essential staff”. Wrong! Though I was White House Liaison to the U.S. Department of Education, I was quickly told I wasn’t essential. So much for work ethics.

I also was working that the Department of Interior when every employee was sent home. Being smarter than everyone else, I decided to stay and work and leave after the rush. Fortunately, a few of my friends had the same idea. Also fortunately, someone had the key to the Secretary’s kitchen and permission for us to help ourselves to contents of the refrigerator and we had a mighty fine meal.

But a snow that shuts Congress down – now that’s something to cheer about. It’s costing taxpayers $100,000 a day – so the media claims. But I anticipate it’s saving us money. If the federal government isn’t operating and Congress isn’t spending more money they don’t have, I anticipate we might just be saving money.

Let is snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow.

No comments: