Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Are you mad about the stimulus?

We have every reason to feel betrayed by Congress’ action to pass the so-called Stimulus bill. Even though everyone in Congress voted to allow the American people 48 hours to read the Stimulus in its entirety, Nancy Pelosi has waived that is only allowing everyone 12 hours. Even Congressional members didn’t have the opportunity to read through the over 800 paged bill before voting. The health care portion added into the Stimulus Bill will lead to health care rationing.
www.NoStimulus.com now has 464,435 petition signers against the Stimulus Bill. `

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES I am MAD!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am made because of the lack of accountability required of the recipients. Today, I mailed a $25,000 check to the IRS for taxes due for my husband is self-employed. I debated for weeks whether to send the gov that check. I am having fundamental problems with our hard earned money going to bail out mismanaged companies, instead of going directly to funding that is needed.
I am MAD AS HELL. I wanted to save that money to make up for the losses I experienced in the market.
There needs to be a tax revolt. Why is everyone so accepting?

REALLY MAD IN HOUSTO

Anonymous said...

REALLY MAD IN HOUSTON - you are not alone! Tea Parties are being planned all over the country - Americans for Prosperity is hosting one April 15 in Austin. What can be done now is make sure your state representatives know you are mad and that you don't want the so-called stimulus to lead to more spending and expanded programs in Texas. Mad Americans will have a chance to turn things around - mad Americans tend to vote!!!