Sunday, January 20, 2008

Is Morley Schieffer as smart as a 5th grader?

Morley Schieffer on Face the Nation today delivered a commentary which would lead a 5th grader to quip, "That guy's not as smart as a 3rd grader.”

I could not believe my ears and, looking for confirmation, went directly to the CBS website (where I learned that Katie Couric has a PodCast “Katie Couric’s Notebook”…nope, it’s not “Katie Couric’s Big Chief Tablet”...but for all of you who miss her on the nightly news -- and a growing number of you do -- you can catch her PodCast.)

I continued looking for the Morley blunder and I found it in his blog (yep, Morley has a blog – who knew???) Here's what Schieffer said on the aire and wrote in his blog:

“...we don't hire our generals to rubber-stamp every idea their civilian bosses come up with. We hire them for their expertise on military matters…”

This leads those of us asking, is Morley as smart as a 5th grader?

Can Morley say “Commander in Chief”? We don’t live in a military dictatorship, Morley, despite all CBS’s hard work to discredit the current President.

DISCLAIMER: Face the Nation isn’t a program I watch. I caught the commentary purely by accident...and what I heard confirms why CBS isn't where I go for news.

No comments: