Monday, May 3, 2010

I fought tyrany overseas, didn't expect to fight it here at home...

In Bulverde recently, I was approached by a tea party attendee who said he wanted to talk to me. He said, “I am 88 years old. I fought in WWII, in the Korean War and in Vietnam. It was my choice. I wanted to fight tyrants. Never did I think that I would need to fight on in my own country.” He went on to say that when he entered the military, he was told that his country would provide him with lifetime health care. He said now he lives on Social Security and has to spend $250 a month of that $1,000 for his Medicare D. He said “that is wrong. I have a retirement so I can afford to pay it. I am not wealthy. I have $1,400 to live off a month. But the government’s commitment to the military is not being upheld. Thanks, ObamaCare!

No comments: