Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm a Stein Girl

I love Ben Stein.

The only reason I watch CBS’s Sunday Morning is to hear Ben. I’m disappointed when he’s not on. And downright disappointed when some of the other commentators are.

Whether it is talking about Thanksgiving or taxes, Ben and I usually agree. I’m sure he’ll be happy to know that.

This Sunday, Ben Stein provided Obama some advice. He also gave that same advice to Wall Street and to Main Street.

Be optimistic.

Obama’s gloom and doom scenarios are sending unemployment skyrocketing. He blames the Bush Administration. Personally, I’d like to see which Bush spending measures then-Sen. Obama voted against.

I’d like to know what leadership Sen. Obama provided the country as Fannie and Freddie were lending more and discounting borrowers’ credit history or ability to afford what they were buying.

That’s history.

The future lies in our ability to project optimism. Optimism that Americans can succeed – and fail.

If we think we will succeed, then people will invest in businesses, consumers will buy, and employers will hire.

Ben Stein spelled out the recipe for our country’s recovery. It’s spelled o-p-t-i-m-i-s-m.

No comments: