Saturday, December 22, 2007

Greetings From DFW

A special thanks to the Americans For Prosperity-Texas organization for giving me yet another platform to educate readers on the efforts of Dallas-Fort Worth taxpayer advocates.

My name is Joey Dauben, and I am the publisher of The Ellis County Observer; also a student at Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, but last week, I joined the team at the independent-weekly newspaper The Ellis County Press -- my former employer ('01-'04).

I'll be writing, investigating, blogging and reporting on the events and other political news each and every week. We're an independent paper, so we don't have to worry about offending advertisers with our coverage - and regardless of political party, status in the community, etc. - we're going to report it! We welcome - ahem - guest editorials (hint, hint, Peggy Venable), but for the most part, DFW will have yet another taxpayer force in the form of this hard-hitting newspaper.

Thanks again for reading, and I look forward to contributing to an already-stellar cast of taxpayer advocates.

No comments: